From EUR 30
Explore the world famous Slea Head with an amazing self guided cycling tour of the spectacular peninsula.
Hop on your bicycle to experience this impressive peninsula and feast your eyes on breath-taking scenery of wild rugged coastline, golden beaches and the magnificent Blasket Islands. Continuing your journey around this rich and vibrant peninsulas exploring its vast Gaelic culture and incredible architectural wonders, such as the Gallarus Oratory.
When back in Dingle, take the opportunity to have some down time in this picturesque fishing town to have some amazing food, local ales and whiskey’s or even take a boat tour to meet Fungi the dolphin, the famed bottlenose dolphin, who has been a local for almost 30 years.
10:45 AM: Equipment Prep
11:00 AM: Slea Head Cycling Tour
12:15 PM: Slea Head Viewpoint
12:30 PM: Coumeenole & Dunmore Head
13:00 PM: Blasket Island Visitor Centre
14:00 PM: Depart for Gallarus Oratory
14:45 PM: Gallarus Oratory
15:15 PM: Depart for Dingle Town
16:00 PM: Arrive back in Dingle Town
1. Slea Head – considered one of Ireland’s most westerly points with dramatic views of the Skellig and Blasket Islands.
2. Coumeenoole & Dunmore Head – a stunning location with wonderful views of Coumeenoole Bay and the Blasket Islands.
3. Blasket Island Visitor Centre – an interpretation centre that tells the story of the Gaelic speaking community that lived on the island until 1953.
4. Gallarus Oratory – One of the most famous landmarks on the Dingle Peninsula and is completely made of stone and some way it resembles an upturned boat.
5. Dingle Town – relax and explore the colourful town of Dingle.